Hard Gainer Tips

Monday, March 12, 2007

Getting Enough Sleep

I'm starting to realize more and more how important it is to make sure that I get enough sleep. Over the last few months I've been doing just fine on about 6 hours of sleep. Apparently I'm not one of those people that has to get 8 hours in order to function. But last night for example I was woken up many times because my baby boy was crying or something else would happen to wake me up and I've had very low energy today because of it. I'm starting to think that it would be much better for me to shoot for 7 hours of sleep, that way if I wake up from time to time it doesn't cut in to my needed 6 hours. Of course, 8-9 hours would be ideal but with my current schedule it just doesn't seem to be that feasible.

The sad thing is that I know from the reading that I've done how important sleep is for overall recovery and also energy maintenance. Shoot, I'm almost falling asleep as I'm writing this post.....

Another thing that I've been thinking about lately is that I really really just need to focus on the main lifts like squat, bench and dead lifts. With my current schedule I only really have time to workout at the gym about 2 times a week, so I'll have to make the most out of each one of those workouts. I'll be documenting how it goes. To gain muscle like I'm planning on doing, I really need to get more sleep!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home