Hard Gainer Tips

Wednesday, February 7, 2007

I Think I Really Like Dead Lifts!

I have to admit something. I've read a lot of articles that claim that dead lifts are one of the main lifts that you have to be doing to help pack on muscle. But the only type of dead lift I've done until today are straight-leg dead lifts. So today I decided to do the real ones and I can see why they would be important! Talk about an exercise that works out your whole body!

For those of you who don't know what a regular dead lift is, basically you place a barbell on the floor in front of you with the right poundage. Then, you bend down and grasp the bar with one hand in an overhand grip and the other in an underhand grip. This was something that I wasn't aware of until I looked into it in Schwarzenegger's book The New Encyclopedia of Modern Bodybuilding : The Bible of Bodybuilding. Next you stand up with the bar! So, as you stand up you have to use your back to straighten out and your legs to lift. Holding the bar takes arm muscles as well. Now, this isn't a very good description I know, but after doing just 2 sets I was breathing pretty good. I'm now a believer that dead lifts are important. Check them out and work them in to your routine as well!

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home